Scoring – Values:
- Touchdown scored by male- 6 points
- Touchdown scored by female- 8 points
- Extra point from between the blue cone and the pylon- 1 point
- Extra point from the blue cone- 2 points
- Safety – 2 points
Full Explanation of Rules:
- Each team consists eight players (5 male/3 female) There is a minimum requirement of at least 3 players from either gender on the field at one time (12 player minimum roster)
- The field is 80 yards x 40 yards. It is divided by midfield, which represents a first down, with an orange cone on either half of the field that represents a first down as well.
- Teams are required to wear jerseys or matching-color shirts. Shirts must be tucked underneath your belt.
- Each player must wear a flag belt with two flags attached. The flags must be a different color then the shorts/pants you are wearing and must hang to the sides.
- Each player must wear pants or shorts without any belts, belt loops or baggy pockets. Any item hanging from your belt or waist, (ie..towel, glove) will be considered a flag.
- Each game will consist of two halves of 20 minutes each and a running clock. The clock will run except official time-outs or team time-outs. There is no two minute warning during the summer season. The play clock is 20 seconds and will be enforced. Games that end in at tie do NOT go into overtime during the summer season.
- Each team is allotted three (30 sec) time-outs in the first half and three (30 sec) in he second half . Time outs do not roll over to the 2nd half.
- Each team will have four downs to advance the ball to the next ORANGE cone for new set of downs. BLUE CONES ARE NOT A FIRST DOWN (They represent a 2-pt con). Also, a throw/catch from a female player on either half of the field is an optional first down, however the next ORANGE cone is void of a first down. If any part of your body touches the blue outfield lines, you will be ruled out!
- Any touchdown thrown/caught/ ran by a female rewards an additional two points for the score. There are no additional points awarded for extra points. Any female throw or catch that is passed the line of scrimmage can count as an automatic first down. Note: you only have one per half field and the automatic first voids the following orange cone. If a drive starts inside of the blue for the offense, the female first down rule will be void.
- Each half will begin by spotting the ball on the 5- yard line (between the goal line and the blue cone) with no kick-off. If a team attempts a punt, both teams must have at least seven players within one yard of their line of scrimmage and remain motionless until the kick is made. Anyone trying to distract the kicker or to block the kick will be penalized 5 yards for illegal procedure.
- Position and action during the snap- A player must be 5 yards away from the sideline before the snap. A team must also have at least four players on their line of scrimmage at the snap. Motion is legal.
- The player that receives the snap must be at least two yards behind the center. The player who yells HIKE is the only player the ball can be snapped to. No direct snaps. Snaps that are fumbled are dead balls. Any safety is two points for the defense and possession of the ball.
- If a team uses a rusher on any given play, they must wait until the ref says GO before they can rush the QB. The rushing player must reach for the flags and not touch the QB’s arm. Touching the QB’s arm will result in a 10 yard penalty. There is no limit to the number of players who may rush. Each team will have two blitzes per game and can blitz on any play. Blitzing player must wait until Quarterback has touched the ball and the player must yell blitz loud enough for the Ref to hear. If the blitzing player leaves before the ball touches the QB’s hands, the defense loses the blitz and the down is re played.
- Intentional grounding: Any intentional grounding including on a blitz will result in a loss of down and a five yard penalty. The defense will also keep their blitz.
- A runner may pass the ball backward at any time. A backward pass (pitch) that hits the ground will be considered a dead ball at the spot it hits the ground. Once the ball has passed the line of scrimmage, you may only lateral once per play. A pitch that is intercepted by the defense can be advanced.
- On the offensive side of the field, the QB can run without being rushed on any play before mid-field. Once the line of scrimmage passes mid field, the QB may run if they are blitz or rushed after the count.
- Running plays by a non QB player are legal at ANY time and do NOT qualify as a pitch.
- Only one legal forward pass can be made per down. If more than one occurs, it will result in a 5-yard penalty and loss of down.
- Fumbles result in a dead ball where the player loses control. If the fumble is behind the line of scrimmage, the ball is dead on the spot with the loss of down.
- Pass interference is defined as an attempt to impede a catch. If interference by the defense, it will result in a penalty of 10- yards and replay of the down. If interference by the offense, it will result in a 10 yard penalty and a loss of the down.
- Yelling, cussing or aggression towards a ref or line judge WILL NOT be tolerated. 1st offense results in the player being held out for a series. 2nd offense results in ejection from the game. 3rd offense is ejection for the season.
- There is absolutely no diving by the ball carrier, blocking, or fighting at any time. Excessive aggressiveness will result in ejection of the game, suspension from the league or a lifetime ban.
- Guarding the flag: Runners shall not flag guard by using their hands, arms, or the ball to deny opportunity for an opponent to pull or remove the flag belt. No stiff arming or jumping to avoid a flag pull! Guarding the flag is a spot of the ball foul. Hurdling over an opponent is illegal. Forward progress counts. Only the ball has to cross the goal line to be considered a touchdown.
- Substitutions- Any registered player from the premier division is NOT allowed to sub for a party division game without informed permission from the opposing Team Captain.
- Substitutions (part 2) – If a team has at least 6 players from their roster (min 1 female from roster), that team is not required to forfeit. A team is allowed to have substitutes that would give them no more then 8 players (2 non-registered players). If that teams player(s) arrive late, they are allowed to play, however the subs must exit the game permanently. Team Captains make the final decisions and may override these Substitution Guidelines.
Summary of Penalties & Enforcement
|Loss of 5 Yards:Illegal Equipment, Delay of Game, Infraction of free kick formation, Encroachment, Free kick goes out of bounds, False Start, Illegal Snap, Illegal Forward||Loss of 10 Yards:Pass interference- offensive (loss of down), Pass interference- defensive (automatic first down), Illegally secured flag belt, Hurdling a player, Roughing the passer (automatic first down), Guarding the flag, Stiff-arming|