Scoring – Values:
- Touchdown scored by male- 6 points
- Touchdown scored by female or a MALE BLUE CONE TD – 8 points
- Extra point from between the Red cone and the pylon- 1 point
- Extra point from the Red cone- 2 points
- Safety – 2 points
Full Explanation of Rules:
New Rule Change :
1. THERE ARE NO GIRL FIRST DOWNS AT ALL INSDIE THE RED ZONE
2. AT LEAST 5 PLAYERS MUST BE WITHIN 15 YARDS OF THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE
3. THE PLAY CLOCK IS NOW 15 SECONDS IN BETWEEN PLAYS
4. IF A DEFENSIVE RUSHER RUSHES THE QB BEFORE THE 5 COUNT, THEY WILL NOT LOSE THEIR BLITZ (However, abuse of this rule will result in a loss of all available blitzes and a 10 yard penalty)
- Each team consists eight players on the field (5 male/3 female) There is a minimum requirement of at least 3 players from either gender on the field at one time (12 player minimum roster)
- The field is 80 yards x 40 yards. It is divided by midfield (Blue Cone), which represents a first down, with an orange cone on either half of the field that represents a first down as well.
- Teams are required to wear jerseys or matching-color shirts. Shirts must be tucked in with your flags and belt completely visible and accessible.
- Each player must wear a flag belt with two flags attached. The flags must be a different color then the shorts/pants you are wearing and must hang to the sides.
- Each game will consist of two halves of 20 minutes. The first half is a running clock and will only stop for official time-outs or team time-outs. The second half is also a running clock but will stop for the two minute warning and any incomplete passes, run out of bounds, a score, a penalty and any time outs in the final two minutes of the game. Games can not end on a defensive penalty. The play clock is 15 seconds and will be enforced. Games that end in at tie go into overtime and are played college rules style.
- Each team is allotted two (30 sec) time-outs in the first half and two (30 sec) in he second half . Time outs do not roll over to the 2nd half.
- Any rule discrepancies that cannot be decided on will revert back to NFL rules
- Each team will have four downs to advance the ball to the next ORANGE cone for a new set of downs, get a female first down or score a touchdown. RED CONES ARE NOT A FIRST DOWN (They represent a 2-pt conversions). If any part of your body touches or is under blue outfield lines , you will be ruled out!
- Any touchdown scored before the blue cone (midfield) by a MALE player rewards an additional two points for the score. This counts for any catch, run or interception.
- Any touchdown thrown/caught/ ran by a female rewards an additional two points for the score. Female rush TD’s inside the Red zone will only count for 6 points. There are no additional points awarded for 1 or 2pt conversions. Any female throw or catch that is passed the line of scrimmage can count as an automatic first down. Note: you only have one female first down per drive and if you use it, it automatically voids the following first down cone.
- Each half will begin by spotting the ball on the 5- yard line (between the goal line and the Red cone) with no kick-off.
- Position and action during the snap- A player must be 5 yards away from the sideline before the snap. A team must also have at least five players on their line of scrimmage at the snap. Motion is legal with only one player allowed to move before the snap.
- The player that receives the snap must be at least two yards behind the center. The player who yells HIKE is the only player the ball can be snapped to. No direct snaps. Snaps that are fumbled are dead balls. If a snap is fumbled in your own end zone, it will be ruled a safety. Any safety is two points for the defense and possession of the ball.
- If a team uses a rusher on any given play, they must wait until the ref says GO before they can rush the QB. The rushing player must reach for the flags and not touch the QB’s arm. Touching the QB’s arm or impeding their throw in any way will result in a 10 yard penalty. There is no limit to the number of players who may rush. Each team will have two blitzes per game and can blitz on any play. Blitzing player must wait until the Quarterback has touched the ball and the player must yell blitz loud enough for the Ref to hear. If the blitzing player leaves before the ball touches the QB’s hands, the defense loses the blitz and the down is re played.
- Intentional grounding: ANY intentional grounding including on a blitz will result in a loss of down and a five yard penalty. The defense will also keep their blitz.
- A runner may pass the ball backward at any time. A backward pass (pitch) that hits the ground will be considered a dead ball at the spot it hits the ground. Once the ball has passed the line of scrimmage, you may only lateral once per play except within two minutes remaining in the game. There are unlimited pitches in the last 2 minutes of the game. A pass (pitch) that is intercepted by the defense can be advanced.
- On the offensive side of the field, the QB can run without being rushed on any play before mid-field. Once the line of scrimmage passes mid field, the QB may only run if they are blitzed or rushed after the count. (The defensive player must break the line of scrimmage)
- Running plays by a non QB player are legal at ANY time and do NOT qualify as a pitch. Once the ball touches the runners hands on a hand off, the defensive blitzing player may break the line of scrimmage and try to flag pull the ball carrier.
- Only one legal forward pass can be made per down. If more than one occurs, it will result in a 5-yard penalty and loss of down.
- Fumbles result in a dead ball where the player loses control. If the fumble is behind the line of scrimmage, the ball is dead on the spot with the loss of down.
- Interceptions are legal and may be advanced. 1 and 2 point conversions can also be intercepted and can result in a score of 1 or 2 points if the defensive player gets into his end zone.
- If a players knee, elbow, body or the ball hits the ground without being touched, they will be ruled down and the play is over.
- Punting the ball is allowed yet there will be no official kick. On a punt, the punting team agrees to move the line of scrimmage two cones forward from where they are. It will then result in change of possession to the opposing team.
- Pass interference is defined as an attempt to impede a catch. If interference by the defense, it will result in a penalty of 10- yards and replay of the down. If interference by the offense, it will result in a 10 yard penalty and a loss of the down.
- There is absolutely no diving by the ball carrier, blocking, or fighting at any time.
- Guarding the flag: Runners shall not flag guard by using their hands, arms, or the ball to deny opportunity for an opponent to pull or remove the flag belt. No stiff arming or jumping to avoid a flag pull! Guarding the flag will result in a 5 yard loss from the spot of the foul. Hurdling over an opponent is illegal and will result in a 5 yard loss from the spot of the foul. Holding a player in attempt to impede their progress in general, or to grab their flag. This will result in a 10 yard advancement from the end of the play. Only the ball has to cross the goal line to be considered a touchdown.
- Substitutions – If a team has at least 6 players from their roster (min 1 female from roster), that team is not required to forfeit. The League does not allow substitutions of non roster players in any game. However, Team Captains of the opposing team may override this rule and allow subs for the other team.
- Substitutions (part 3) There are absolutely no substitutions in the playoff. Only roster players are allowed to play. Any team caught breaking this rule will forfeit the game.
- Disciplinary Parameters: Yelling, cussing or aggression towards a ref or line judge WILL NOT be tolerated. Excessive aggressiveness, unsportsmanlike conduct towards players, and other conduct detrimental to the League will result in ejection of the game, suspension from the league or a lifetime ban. All disciplinary decisions are voted on & enforced by the BCS Advisory Committee on a seasonal or as-needed basis. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Divisional Champion Rules : Any team that has won the championship for two seasons in a row in their division must move up to the next division, and will no longer be allowed to play in the same division. In effect as of Fall 2014, Premier Division Champions that win two seasons in a row must have their roster approved by the BCS Advisory Committee – a representative from the Champion team is permitted to represent their interests by email or in person before the roster decision is finalized.
Summary of Penalties & Enforcement
|Loss of 5 Yards:Illegal Equipment, Delay of Game, Illegal Snap, Offsides, Flag Guarding, Holding and Rushing before the 5 count Loss of Down AND 5 Yards: Illegal forward pass, Illegal forward run by QB, Intentional Grounding||Loss of 10 Yards:Pass interference- offensive (loss of down), Pass interference- defensive (automatic first down), Roughing the passer (automatic first down), Stiff-arming|